**Light Bulb!**

Saturday, April 3, 2010

I recently figured out the purpose of this blog. Of the blogs I follow, they're a means for my friends to share they're talents. Whether it be for photography, or illustration, or whatever. Well, I finally figured out what my talent is: finding new music. That comes largely in part from the magazines I write for, naturally. But at the same time, I'm constantly exposed to new, awesome music that most people will never have the opportunity to hear. And I find GREAT joy introducing new music to people. Seriously, GREAT!!

So the goal is each week to introduce everyone to a new sound. I'll sift through the 30-40 press releases a day and countless records in the mail and pick out the diamonds. I'll also fill in the needs: a little bio, if they're touring, where to find they're music, etc.

So, ready?? Let's go!
#1- Thieves.

For those in KC, these guys are literally down the street. I believe most of the band come from OP. But after first being introduced to them at a church show, my initial reaction was: WoW. I think I even said: they're Kansas City's answer to Radiohead. Yep I'm gonna let that one simmer in your head for awhile.....

They do things a little different than most bands. They've already got a touring staff and only have about 7 songs. They've got a really cool/professionally done video and have yet to start charging for their first EP. So things are a little backwards than most bands, but hey, it's working for them!

Video:

Swan Song from T H I E V E S on Vimeo.



Album (free): http://www.isoldthetruth.com/

Tour:
Apr 16 2010 10:00P
Eighth Street Taproom w/Mammoth Life Lawrence, Kansas
May 8 2010 8:00P
Patton Alley Pub w/Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin and Cloud City Springfield, Missouri


ENJOY!!

-Rach

Helping you find your background music
. \m/(>.<)\m/

0 comments: